KC Club Baseball Association is a league composed of showcase teams from both Missouri and Kansas. 2020 is the inaugural season which will consist of over 52 teams from 12 different club programs.
The league will consist of a 16U and 18U age bracket. It is designed to provide players an opportunity to play in a highly competitive atmosphere at a local venue.
1. Enhance competitive opportunities
2. Player development
3. Minimize travel expenses
4. Create a positive baseball environment
5. Maximize college exposure to Midwest coaches
2020 Executive Board Members
Dale Reed-Kansas City Bullets
Eric Peterson- Benedictine College
Jeff Jolliffe- Yard Baseball Club
Rusty Jones- Between the Lines
Eric Horner- Cavaliers
KCCBA League General Rules:
1. 7 innings or 2 hour time limit
a. Bottom half of the inning is completed when needed.
b. One tie breaker inning allowed if necessary.
i. Tie Breaker Rule-intended to create a winner, reinforces competitiveness.
1. Only 1 inning
2. Teams begin play with bases loaded and 1 out. Coaches decide on runners.
3. Game ends if game is still tied
2. In/Out prior to first game of the day “providing” there is time to still get the next game started on time.
3. Free substitutions, however coaches may need lineup for GAMECHANGER.
4. GAMECHAMGER will be used for league stats, standings.
5. No meeting with umpires prior to games.
a. Handle issues with umpires in a sportsman like manner.
b. Any issues with coaches or umpires need to be forwarded to League Official.
6. Maximum number of hitters (11). This would include a combination of DH and EH. No more than 11. Maintain the integrity of your hitting order.
7. Pitching changes:
a. 3 free trips to mound
i. After 3rd trip a pitcher is removed each trip thereafter.
b. On 2nd trip in same inning
8. Balks are live, no warnings.
9. No 31 (3rd/1st)
10. Curtesy runner for P/C anytime.
11. Force play slide rule:
a. Runner must run or slide away from bag/play as to avoid contact, or
b. Runner must slide directly to the bag with no flagrant contact.
i. Flagrant contact will be umpire’s discretion.
12. Run Rule is 10 after 5.
13. No handshakes after the games.
14. Follow all in place park rules.
15. Game delays will be no more than 30 minutes. If the weather delays any game for more than 30 minutes that game will be called. If weather permits remaining scheduled games will continue. Notify League Official of any game not completed. Every attempt will be made to make that game up within the confines League’s contract with Creekside Baseball.
16. COVID-emphasize to players to stay home if not feeling well. If a player tests positive for COVID he is not allowed to play until released by a Doctor.
Learn more about our upcoming events, fundraisers, and more!